I finally realized why I like romantic comedies. For the most part, I can relate with the main characters. It's usually a hopeless romantic type that's only trying to find love, despite repeated failures. Well, that sounds like a very quick synopsis of my life. I asked this girl out, that I shouldn't have asked out because she just got out of a relationship but that I really like, in a very creative way. In fact, the thought going through my head was, "If this doesn't get me a date, then nothing will!" I guess I'll be perpetually dateless. It was an attempt at a "date by direct proof." A cute little math thing.
Proposition: Jean will not spend V-Day alone.
Proof: Let T be the set of girls that Jean can have lunch with. Then T is nonempty because *Girl* is in T. Then....(finish proof).
Her response: T is empty because *Girl* doesn't have a break for lunch on Monday...
Oh, Jean. Even though it didn't turn out the way I wanted to, I still feel good about it because, not only did I put myself out there, but I also did something sincere. I like math, she likes math, here's a little math thing. Better luck next time.
*Side Note* I got the feeling that one day I'll come back to this post and be really embarrassed by what I posted, and think that I'm a dumb-ass for having posted it. But is life really worth living if you've never done anything that embarrasses you? I think you should be able to laugh at yourself, or at the very least feel your cheeks get red when you take a look back at your past self. Life is about growing and the more your embarrassed by your past self, the more progress you've made. At least, that's the hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment